Instructions

Hello Seventh Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings about your ORB to this blog. You must choose three different options from the "blogging options" handout (on First Class). I am looking for superb commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Thirteenth Tale: I am poem

Virginia Puckett
I Am poem

I am
I am a secret.
I say no truth.
I hear "...tell me the truth" (7), but never do.
I touch the burn on my hand that no one knows.
I understand that my twin is gone forever.
I dream she is still by my side.
I am a secret.

I want the earth to know the truth.
I wonder why I lied.
I live to tell my story.
I pretend "my wolf..." (106) doesn't exist.
I hope that tomorrow there will be no pain.
I am a secret.

I hope I have the courage to tell the truth.
I say the truth.
I hear my voice tell the story.
I wonder if it was the right thing to do.
I am no longer a secret.

I am Vida Winter.
I hear "What is your real name?" (49).
I wish I could pretend I didn't hear that.
I say "I will tell you the truth" (48).
I am Adeline March.

No comments:

Post a Comment