Instructions

Hello Seventh Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings about your ORB to this blog. You must choose three different options from the "blogging options" handout (on First Class). I am looking for superb commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Where the Heart is: I Am Poem

Emily Barnes
I Am Poem

I Am
I am old at age seventeen.
I wonder why anyone would harm, kidnap, or kill.
I hear memories of loved ones, lost ones replay in my head.
I see life through photography, "in a way nobody ever [has]" (156).
I want "a home without wheels, a home fixed to the ground" (241).
I am old at age seventeen.

I pretend Forney is better off without me.
I feel like a child, playing adult.
I touch Americus’s softly beating heart.
I worry sevens will harm her.
I cry with Lexie at the pain of abuse.
I am old at age seventeen.

I understand that people can change.
I say "you'll know...if it's the right person" (252).
I dream that Sister Husband still plays with Americus.
I try to support my friends.
I hope Americus will be strong and smart.
I am Novalee Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment