Instructions

Hello Seventh Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings about your ORB to this blog. You must choose three different options from the "blogging options" handout (on First Class). I am looking for superb commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Lost World: I Am Poem

Rollins Olmsted
I Am Poem

I am Animalia Dinosauria: terrible lizard

I see a menacing assassin hurtling through a stunning yet shadowy space,
“A giant meteorite, many miles in diameter…” (x) speeding towards earth.
I smell the disastrous stench of death and destruction,
As the unmistakable odor of mass extinction swirls round the globe.
I hear the whimpers and whines of creatures big and small.
Mother Nature confidently proclaims: “….the reign of the dinosaurs…” (x) has ended.
I taste decayed reptilian flesh and moldy, withered plant life.
Cannibalism triggers two of kind to simultaneously consume their clone.
I feel a catastrophic conclusion to the Cretaceous Period,
As a blanket of “…dust and debris darkens the skies” (x).

I am Animalia Dinosauria: wondrous lizard

I see the resurgence of dinosaurs: a uniquely Costa Rican Renaissance,
As Dino DNA is expertly re-sculpted from a genetic perspective.
I smell the tantalizing trace of anarchy lingering in the tropical air.
Complex species, the dinosaur for one, flourish “…only at the edge of chaos” (4).
I hear the unnerving racket emanating from a beast called man.
The Homo sapiens state the truth: “It is entirely possible that dinosaurs still exist” (8).
I taste ancient, appetizing memories from some 65 million years ago.
As “….rows of sharp predatory teeth…” (24) gnaw on savory recollections of eras long
since past.
I feel euphoric as the K-T Boundary of The Lost World is unearthed.
A return to domination is within the dinosaur’s firm grasp.

I am Animalia Dinosauria: powerful lizard

I see my brethren, the mighty Tyrannosaurus Rex; the Mesozoic’s most celebrated star.
A portrait of a predator “…running at full speed - head low, jaws open, in an unmistakable
posture of attack” (155).
I taste scrumptious foliage that the Sauropod’s long neck allows it to reach;
As herds of giant herbivores devour flavorsome ferns and tasty trees.
I smell urine’s distinctive scent as a pack of Parasaurs prudently mark their terrain.
“A distinctive odor, pungent and sweet-sour…” (220) warns others to beware.
I touch Triceratops’ three twisted, tormenting horns;
As its prickly crown stricks a glancing blow.
I hear the Velociraptors’ brilliantly orchestrated anthem of bloodshed.
Rightly recorded as hissing composers, “…snarling and licking the blood off their
snouts” (306).

I am Animalia Dinosauria: terrible lizard

No comments:

Post a Comment