Instructions

Hello Seventh Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings about your ORB to this blog. You must choose three different options from the "blogging options" handout (on First Class). I am looking for superb commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Nineteen Minutes - I Am Poem

Megan Rooney
I Am Poem - Josie

I am

I am a liar, a secret keeper.

Someone stuck in a person that isn’t me

I am scared.

Scared someone will see through my charade

That they will realize that I’m just like him.

Just like my childhood friend.

And reject me, as I rejected him.

Rejected my childhood friend.


I feel trapped.

Trapped in a life

Trapped in a relationship I can’t live with

A relationship I can’t live without.

Trapped in a bubble

My group of friends

I can be "someone [I] don't want to be,

Or... someone... nobody want[s]" (8)

I feel like my world is crashing down on my shoulders,

Like this secret life I live in my head is falling apart,

Breaking down-

Like they can see.


I hear screams and sobs

Only to realize they are my own.

What have I done?
What have I lost?

I’m so scared.

Scared of the voices I hear

And the ones that no longer are able to speak.

Was this my fault?

Was this my fault?

I say I’m fine- nobody believes me

I don’t believe myself.

My life is over, gone

Will never be the same.

He’s gone forever,

Matt is gone forever

My fault.

My fault.


I see my mother falling in love,

Having the relationship she was always too busy to have,

Too busy with me.

I see her trying so hard

To console me, to comfort me, to do

Whatever she can to stop my tears

But there’s no use

I’m inconsolable, comfortless.

Desolate. Dejected. Dying inside.

The shaky ground where my fragile life balanced

Fell.

Crashed and burned, like the lives he destroyed.


I touch memories,

Every day a new one appears.

In the form a t-shirt,

A couch, a car.

Something to remind me of those days

Before it happened.

Before everything changed.

The happier days-

Before the misery that is the present

Began.

It began when it happened,

When he snapped,

When I snapped.

I wish I just kept bending.


I am Josie Cormier.

I was popular and loved and hurtful

And one day I couldn’t take it anymore,

And I cracked, shattered,

Like the way I feel now.

I am guilty.

I am the reason he snapped,

And I am the reason I snapped.

Its

My

Fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment