Instructions

Hello Seventh Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings about your ORB to this blog. You must choose three different options from the "blogging options" handout (on First Class). I am looking for superb commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Secret Life of Bees- I Am Poem

Wynne Hobbs

I Am Poem


I Am

I am fourteen years old and a murderer
I wonder about what would have been
I hear screams. At me.
I see darkness. Everywhere. Why?
I want my mother back
I am fourteen years old and a murderer

I pretend to be someone I'm not
I feel like I'm living a lie
I touch her gloves, her picture, running my hands along them.
I worry they will find out.
I cry When I think of what I've done
I am fourteen years old and a murderer

I understand "All my life I've thought I needed someone to complete me, now I know I need to belong to myself."
I say I'll fess up some day
I dream about her being back with me
I try to do the right thing
I hope he won't find me
I am fourteen Years old and a murderer

No comments:

Post a Comment